Recipe: Chocolate Chip Confetti Cake Cookie
By: MomsandStories Admin | Date: December 18 2014
We know what you’re thinking, “Did I read that right? Confetti cake and a chocolate chip cookie…in one?” Yes, it’s true and it’s delicious. If you’re anything like us, you’ve lived for confetti cake or cupcakes since you were ten years old. When your parents asked you what type of cake you wanted at your birthday party, the answer was always, without an ounce of hesitation, CONFETTI CAKE! Duh, mom!
That’s why we were excited to try out this cookie recipe that combined our beloved confetti cake with another favorite and all time classic, the chocolate chip cookie. So, without further ado, put these ingredients on your next grocery shopping list and get ready to bake the best cookie ever: the Chocolate Chip Confetti Cake Cookie of course.
- 1 1/4 cups flour (we used whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla boxed cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles/rainbow chips
- In 1 bowl sift together the cake mix, flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl mix together the butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the bowl of “wet” ingredients and mix on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Add chocolate chips and sprinkles/rainbow chips and stir all together
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours
- After the 2 hours is up, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Scoop rounded cookie dough balls onto ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown
Voila! Best cookies ever.