Healthy Quinoa Enchilada Casserole Recipe
By: MomsandStories Admin | Date: May 20 2015
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy dinner, perfect for the whole family – look no further. This healthy quinoa enchilada casserole is packed with protein, requires very few ingredients, and takes about 30 minutes total from start to finish. Add this to your weekly meal round-up, stat!
- 1 package Near East Quinoa blend (flavor of choice)
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4- oz.) organic can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup organic canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook quinoa on stove top on sauce pan according to box’s directions, and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish
- In a large bowl, mix: enchilada sauce, beans, corn, green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and cooked quinoa
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and top with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese until fully covered
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until warm and bubbling
- Take out and garnish with diced tomatoes, avocado and a dollop of sour cream.