Breakfast Ideas for Toddlers – Healthy Casserole
By: MomsandStories Admin | Date: June 27 2016
My toddler is starting to eat what we eat at every meal so I’ve been on a serious casserole kick lately. Casseroles are so easy to make for family meals, are great for leftovers, and, if done right, can also be very healthy. That’s why I was excited to try out this Healthy Breakfast Toddler Casserole dish – perfect for the whole family and packed with hidden veggies!
I actually made this dish for dinner because sometimes we like to mix it up and eat breakfast for dinner (we be cray!) And there were leftovers so we actually had it for breakfast the next morning. The less cooking I have to do for every meal – the better!
I’m a sucker for crescent rolls, so this was a must as the base of the casserole.
I also try to include as many veggies as I can in any meal I give my toddler, so I packed my egg mixture full of zucchini and spinach, but you can easily add whatever veggies you like.
- 12 Organic Eggs
- 6-8 Pieces Turkey Bacon (or Sausage) – without nitrates
- 1 Bag Frozen Shredded Organic Hashbrowns
- 1 Can Crescent Roll Dough
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Veggies of your choosing (spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake or Fry Bacon (or sausage) until done and set aside to cool
- Spray baking dish with non-stick olive oil spray
- Place all Crescent Roll Dough on bottom of baking dish
- Evenly place the frozen shredded hash browns on top of the crescent roll dough
- Beat 12 eggs together then add your veggies and salt/pepper to egg mixture
- Pour egg mixture evenly on top of shredded hash browns
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes (or until egg is cooked through)
- Take out of oven, add shredded cheese evenly across the top
- Place back in oven until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbly
- Enjoy with freshly diced avocados on top and/or salsa!
Enjoy Breakfast with your Toddler!