Moms&Stories is a collaborative online publication where moms share insightful, humorous, and inspiring thoughts about motherhood. This is not a parenting site. Rather, a space for moms to visit, read, and leave feeling encouraged and understood — kinda like hanging out with the best group of friends ever!
We are seeking contributers! At this time we are unable to pay for submissions. We still need your contributions, and anything that is published will include your bio and links. We are looking for:
We’re currently seeking essays covering all aspects of motherhood. Make us laugh or cry, but most importantly, make us feel and relate to your words as mothers.
We love stories that articulate some sort of journey or transformation, a unique perspective, or a regular “mom life” occurrence used as a realized metaphor for a broader topic.
We can’t resist brilliant writing and fresh ideas.
We will regularly offer mini-essay writer round-ups where we’ll choose 10-15 short snippets of writing (300 words max) to include in one themed piece. Check back regularly for updated themes.
We’re looking for short, powerful snippets of writing that shake the mama soul.
Maximum words for a Mini-Eassy: 300
Author bios and links back to your blog/website/social channels included in the article.
Current theme: HOLIDAYS. Give us your MOM perspective on the holidays, or tell us a story about a family holiday. Make us laugh. Make us cry. Take a traditional or an unexpected twist on the theme. Submissions due by October 31st.
Share a favorite family recipe, and tell us a story about it too! We are especially looking for recipes that are both healthy and quick/easy. Include photos if possible.
Mom Behind the Brand
If you are a Momprenuer, or know someone who is, we would love to do an interview with you! We will promote your products and highlight your brand at a very reasonable price. Please email for more details.
How to Submit
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
Please send submissions with the type of submission (essay, mini-essay, recipe) in the subject line. Attach your submission and short bio with blog and social links. Also include any original photos that you think might compliment your words.
We are also open to sharing previously-published pieces on our platform if it’s the right fit. Please clearly state if a piece has been previously published.
We will do some light editing, but please send final work, ready for publishing. Please allow up to 2 weeks for a response. We do our best to respond to each submission, but if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please feel free to submit your piece elsewhere.
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your content to Moms and Stories, you understand and agree to the following:
- Moms and Stories has the right to decide which articles to publish and/or pay. We are seeking well-written pieces that blend with our overall voice and tone.
- By publishing your original work, Moms and Stories does not infringe on the intellectual property of any other party.
- We will run previously published articles but those are not eligible for payment. We will include a link to the original source where the article first appeared.
- If your content has been previously published, you warrant that Moms and Stories has rights to reuse the content.
- With each published article on Moms and Stories, we will include your bio and links back to your website/blog and social channels.
- By submitting your article, you are verifying that Moms and Stories has the right to publish this submission on all of our media platforms.
- If Moms and Stories publishes your original content, it may not be published elsewhere for 90 days, except on your own blog/website with a link back to the original article on Moms and Stories.
- If your article is selected for publication, we will contact you within 2 weeks to discuss next steps.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions.
- Moms and Stories will retain all published posts on its website and will retain the rights to publish, distribute, transfer ownership, and do with it as it sees fit in perpetuity.
- Restrictions may apply.
Join Our Tribe on Instagram #momsandstories