Healthy Spinach + Banana Toddler Muffins
These Spinach and Banana Breakfast Muffins are REALLY good – like TOO good…like, Mommy might eat 35 muffins this morning good. But they’re packed with spinach and contain low sugar so it serves as a guilt-free and perfect grab ‘n go breakfast for the whole family!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce one of the single serving cups
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach - uncooked could also add shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, or shredded yellow squash (all raw to really pack it full of veggies!)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup Organic, Grade A
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Put the first seven ingredients (applesauce, egg, vanilla, spinach, banana, maple syrup and coconut oil) in a blender or food processor and blend.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a smaller mixing bowl.
Add the wet spinach mixture from blender to the dry ingredients.
Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined. You can use a spoon or spatula. The mixture might be dense. Add a splash of milk to loosen it up if you need to, but the mixture should resemble a thick pancake dough. It won’t pour easily, will need a spoon.
Scoop the batter into greased muffins tins.
Bake at 350 degrees (12 minutes for mini-muffins or 17 minutes for regular-sized muffins).